It's Indie Season!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Oh wow! It's been months since my last post. Sorry for that. I'll be better on keeping you posted since we have a better internet connection. Heehee.

It's August! My, my how time flies! And it's ghost month. Don't you feel extra stressed when it's the 8th month of the year? I know I do. It seems like days are extra slow. But maybe that's just me and my sick little imagination.

On the bright side, it's Cinemalaya time once again! It's Cinemalaya's 11th year with it's theme, Broadening Horizons will run from August 7 to 15, 2015 in Cultural Center of the Philippines and selected Ayala Malls.

Although I am sorry to say that I won't be watching any films in competition this year. They moved the Full Length film category for next year 2016 so only Short Films will be competing this year.  Knowing this from few months ago, I did not make any plans of watching Cinemalaya this year. When I saw this year's schedule, I found out that they will be having a Cinemalaya Retro feature in which they will be showing past Cinemalaya films, some of which we really wanted to watch but missed because either tickets were sold out or the schedule does not fit ours. So of course I changed my mind. Since my first Cinemalaya last 2010 (or '09?) I have never missed a year of this film fest I've grown to love. Afterall, this is where I fell in love with Indie Films and where my mind opened up about so many different issues/topics. Indie Films give you that-- a different perspective on so many different things.

My constant Cinemalaya companion and best friend, Gilbert (Gibbo) blocked of Friday from work and Cinemalaya's last day so we can watch together. We bought a day-pass online so we can watch 4-movies that day. Sadly, Friday didn't offer a schedule of  some of the films we liked but missed but we still decided to watch anyway for the love of Indie! The only film I'm a bit excited to watch is the Closing Film, Silong directed by Jeffrey Hidalgo and Roy Sevilla Ho. 




Anatomiya ng Pag-ibig looks promising, too but it's schedule is at the same time with Silong. :(

I've been trying to write a review of the films I loved over the years but as you know, I'm a lazy writer and the Cinemalaya film fest season is over and I don't feel a review's that relative anymore. Okay, okay, boo me! 

I'm not promising to write about any film we'll watch on Friday because I'm not sure if I'll be loving any of the films yet. Not unlike the past years' when I get excited over the trailers. But the good thing with Indie is that you'll never know everything from the trailer, it might be better or worse. But I'll let you know in any case. Better yet, check out my Twitter. I know I should be posting reviews on my blog but I often just tweet about it. Heehee.

Lastly, if you're still interested to watch you can check out the schedule on Film Police Review's  website here. If you're watching on the 14th, I hope to see you there!

You Might Also Like

2 comments