World Cancer Day

Thursday, February 04, 2016

All the writing I do for work gives me no time to update you guys and it really bugs me. It’s already February and this is just my first post for this year. I have so many things to share to all of you guys—new job, a pet died… But I’ll just save those on my next post. I would love to give time to write a proper post for our pet. (Huhu… I’m such a pet “tita”)

Nevertheless, it’s still a good time to update my blog because today, February 4 is World Cancer Day. This year’s theme is “We Can. I can.” “to show the world that we can, I can.. get involved against the fight against cancer.

Here are some key facts about cancer from UN.org:

  • Cancer is the leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for 8.2 million deaths in 2012.
  • Lung, stomach, liver, colon and breast cancer cause the most cancer deaths each year.
  • About 30% of cancer deaths are due to the five leading behavioral and dietary risk: high body mass index, low fruit and vegetable intake, lack of physical activity, tobacco use and alcohol use.
  • Deaths from cancer worldwide are projected to continue rising with an estimated 13.1 million deaths in 2030. 


I know most of you (me included) knows someone who is suffering or someone who died from cancer. It can be someone’s family or friend. So let’s raise awareness about the importance of cancer prevention and early detection by joining WorldCancerDay.org in their initiative against cancer control.

Get involved by writing a supportive message in your hand in line with the “We can. I can.” theme. Take a picture of  your hand featuring the message and share the picture on your social media accounts together with the hashtags #WorldCancerDay and #WeCanICan. Let's all help in spreading cancer awareness. 







This is for all the people suffering from cancer. You are all beautiful and brave. Stay strong. 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I feel shame that I'm late to your post and such a worthy cause. Such a fine sentiment in your closing line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to post more of this kind of posts. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete